General Circular No. 10/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
5th floor, A Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi- 110001
Subject: Clarification on spending of CSR funds for COVID–19.
Keeping in view of the spread of novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) in India, its declaration as pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO), and, decision of Government of India to treat this as a notified disaster, it is hereby clarified that spending of CSR funds for COVID-19 is eligible CSR activity.
2. Funds may be spent for various activities related to COVID-19 under item nos. (i) and (xii) of Schedule VII relating to promotion of health care, including preventive health care and sanitation, and, disaster management. Further, as per General Circular 21/2014 dated 18.06.2014, items in Schedule VII are broad based and may be interpreted liberally for this purpose.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh)
Joint Secretary to Government of India
1. E Governance for uploading on MCA Website
2. Guard Fil
Other Posts by Author
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)Provision on the post-default curing period for CRAs is being revised by SEBI
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)SEBI issued Circular on Listing of M.F. schemes that are in the process of winding up
- 2020.05.24CA/CS/CMAOne time measure for students by ICAI for MCS & Advanced IT Course
- 2020.05.24Income TaxIncome Tax released refunds amounted to Rs. 26,242 crores