As Per Trade Trade Circular No. 04T of 2020 dated 19th March 2020, the PTRC Return Filing Due date was extended up to 30th April 2020. The due date was extended with certain conditions as registered taxpayers were facing some technical difficulties and that are not fully resolved. Hence the Maharashtra government has again extended due date up to 31st May,2020.
Below is the Trade Circular Released by Maharashtra Government.
Office of the
Commissioner of Profession Tax,
8th floor, GST Bhavan,
Mazgaon, Mumbai 400010.
Sub: Exemption from payment of late fee u/s. 6(3) of the Maharashtra State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1975
Exemption from payment of late fee u/s. 6(3) –
- Kindly refer to Trade Circular no. 4T of 2020 dated 19/03/2020. By this circular the whole of the late fee payable by the registered employer in respect of monthly or annual returns pertaining to periods up to March 2020 was exempted due to technical difficulties faced by the taxpayers subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
- As these technical difficulties are still continuing, it is proposed to extend the date of filing returns without payment of late fees.
- Hence, considering above circumstances it has decided under the powers conferred by Notification No. PFT-2014/CR-38/taxation dated 21.08.2014 issued by the State Government on the proviso of section 6(3) of the Profession Tax Act, 1975 the whole of the late fee payable by the registered employer in respect of monthly or annual returns pertaining to any periods up to March 2020 and monthly period of April 2020, is exempted subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions mentioned below:
- Eligibility Conditions:-
- Any amount payable (tax + interest) as per return should have been/shall be paid on or before the filing of returns.
- The aforesaid employers should submit the returns pertaining to any periods up to April 2020 on or before 31 May 2020.
- Needless to mention that no refund or adjustment against any tax liability shall be allowed where late fee has already been paid.
- Revocation of Late fee exemption: If it is found that the employer has not fulfilled the conditions or has submitted false information to avail the benefit of exemption then, his exemption of late fee shall be revoked and action will be taken against him as per the provisions of law.
If any member of the trade has any doubts, he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification. You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of the members of your association.
Commissioner of State Tax,
Maharashtra State, Mumbai.
Read More: Trade Circular 06T of 2020
Hii, want to get publish your article at www.bharatax.in, then submit your article here or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org