Digital Signature/e-Sign Registration of Employer/Authorised Signatories during Lockdown Period
In the current scenario of government announced lockdown to control the spread of COVID-19 epidemic and other disruptions, the employers are not able to function normally and are facing problems in using their digital signatures (DSC) or Aadhaar based e-sign on EPFO portal.
Many important tasks like KYC attestation, transfer claim attestation, etc.. are being done online by the authorized persons of employers using their digital signatures (DSC) or Aadhar based e-Signs on EPFO portal. To use DSC/e-Sign, one-time approval from Regional Offices is required. Due to lockdown, many employers are experiencing difficulties in sending one-time registration requests to the Regional Offices.
- In view of the above situation and to make the compliance process easier, EPFO has taken some measures,
- now onwards, EPFO will accept such requests through email also.
- An employer may send a scanned copy of the duly signed request letter to the concerned Regional Office through the mail. The Official email addresses of the Regional Offices can be found at www.epfindia.gov.in.
- such establishments, whose authorized officers have approved digital signatures (DSC) but are not able to locate the dongle, can log-in to the employer portal (EPFO) and register their e-sign through the link for registration of already registered authorized signatories.
- If their name against the approved digital signature is the same as that in their Aadhar, no further approval will be required for the registration of e-sign.
- Other authorized signatories can register their e-signs and send the request letters approved by the employers and get the approval of the respective EPFO Offices.
The above-mentioned facility will provide further relief to the EPF members and employers adversely impacted by the Pandemic.
Read more from here: Press Release by EPFO amid Covid-19
Hii, want to get publish your article at www.bharatax.in, then submit your article here or send a mail to email@example.com