MCA has issued clarification vide General Circular No. 21/2020 Dated. 11th May 2020 on “Dispatch of Notice under section 62(2) of Companies Act,2013 by Listed Companies for Right Issue opening up to 31st July 2020”.
General Circular No. 21/2020
F. No. 2/4/2020-CL-V
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi-110001
Dated: 11th May, 2020
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies
Subject: Clarification on dispatch of notice under section 62(2) of Companies Act, 2013 by listed companies for rights issue opening up to 31st July 2020
Several representations have been received in the Ministry for providing clarification on the mode of issue of a notice referred to in section 62(1)(a)(i) of Companies Act (the ‘Act) read with section 62(2) of the Act for rights issue by listed companies, in view of the difficulties faced by companies in sending notices through postal or courier services on account of the threat posed by Covid-19. The issues raised in the said representations have been examined. The Circular (Number SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2020/78) issued by SEBI on 6th May 2020 has also been considered.
2. In view of above and on account of the overall situation, it is hereby clarified that for rights issues opening up to 31st July 2020, in case of listed companies, which comply with the aforementioned SEBI Circular dated 6th May 2020, inability to dispatch the notice referred in para 1 of this Circular to their shareholders through registered post or speed post or courier would not be viewed as a violation of section 62(2) of the Act.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Read Full Circular from here: General Circular No. 21/2020
Other Posts by Author
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)Provision on the post-default curing period for CRAs is being revised by SEBI
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)SEBI issued Circular on Listing of M.F. schemes that are in the process of winding up
- 2020.05.24CA/CS/CMAOne time measure for students by ICAI for MCS & Advanced IT Course
- 2020.05.24Income TaxIncome Tax released refunds amounted to Rs. 26,242 crores