Yesterday’s announcements related to Farmers
1. Rs 30,000 crore Additional Emergency Working Capital for farmers through NABARD
- NABARD will extend additional re-finance support of Rs 30,000 crore over and above the Rs 90,000 already being provided by NABARD for meeting crop loan requirements of Rural Cooperative Banks and RRBs.
- Will benefit 3 crore farmers, mostly small and marginal.
2. Rs 2 lakh crore credit boost to 2.5 crore farmers under the Kisan Credit Card Scheme
- A special drive to provide concessional credit to PM-KISAN beneficiaries through Kisan Credit Cards.
- Fisherman and Animal Husbandry Farmers will also be included in this drive.
- Will inject additional liquidity of Rs 2 lakh crore to 2.5 crore farmers
Agriculture : Additional Steps during COVID
- A number of measures supporting farmers was explained yesterday.
- Additional measures taken during the last 2 months are below
- During lockdown period Minimum Support Price (MSP) purchases of amount more than Rs 74,300 crores
- PM KISAN fund Transfer of Rs 18,700 crores
- PM Fasal Bima Yojana claim payment of Rs 6,400 crores
Animal Husbandry : Additional Steps during COVID
- During Lockdown, the Demand for Milk reduced by 20-25%.
- 560 Lakh litre per day(LLPD) procured by cooperatives against the daily sale of 360 LLPD.
- Total 111 Crore Litres extra procured ensuring payment of Rs 4100 Cr.
- A new scheme to provide interest subvention @2% per annum to dairy cooperatives for 20-21.
- Additional 2% p.a. interest subvention on prompt payment/interest servicing.
- This scheme will unlock 5000 Cr additional liquidity, benefitting 2 Cr farmers.
Fisheries: Additional Steps during COVID
- All 4 COVID related announcements for fisheries implemented
- Validity of Sanitary Import Permits (SIPs) for import of Shrimp Broodstock extended by 3 months
- Condoned delay up to 1 month in the arrival of Broodstock consignments
- Allowed rebooking of Quarantine cubicles for cancelled consignments with no additional charges
- Verification of documents and grant of NOC for Quarantine relaxed from 7 days to 3 days
- Registration of 242 Registered Shrimp hatcheries and Nauplii Rearing Hatcheries expiring on 31.03.2020 extended for 3 months
- Operations of Marine Capture Fisheries and Aquaculture relaxed to cover Inland Fisheries
Measures to strengthen Infrastructure Logistics and Capacity Building
Rs 1 lakh crore Agri Infrastructure Fund for farm-gate infrastructure for farmers
- Lack of adequate cold chain & Post Harvest Management infrastructure in the vicinity of farm-gate causing gaps in value chains.
- Focus has been on short term crop loans while investment in long term agriculture infrastructure has often not been enough.
- Financing facility of Rs. 1,00,000 crore will be provided for funding Agriculture Infrastructure Projects at farm-gate & aggregation points (Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies, Farmers Producer organizations, Agriculture entrepreneurs, Startups, etc.)
- The impetus for development of farm-gate & aggregation point, affordable and financially viable Post Harvest Management infrastructure
- • Fund will be created immediately.
Rs 10,000 crores scheme for Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (MFE)
- Scheme promotes the vision of Hon. PM: ‘Vocal for Local with Global outreach’
- Unorganized MFEs units need technical up-gradation to attain FSSAI food standards, build brands and marketing
- A Scheme will be launched to help 2 lakh MFEs attain above goals
- Existing micro food enterprises, Farmer Producer Organisations, Self Help Groups and Cooperatives to be supported
- Cluster-based approach (e.g. Mango in UP, Kesar in J&K, Bamboo shoots in North-East, Chilli in Andhra Pradesh, Tapioca in Tamil Nadu etc.)
- Expected outcomes: Improved health and safety standards, integration with retail markets, improved incomes
- Will also help in reaching untapped export markets in view of improved health consciousness
Rs 20,000 crores for Fishermen through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- Critical gaps in fisheries value chain
- The government will launch the PMMSY for integrated, sustainable, inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries.
- Rs 11,000 Cr for activities in Marine, Inland fisheries and Aquaculture
- Rs. 9000 Cr for Infrastructure – Fishing Harbours, Cold chain, Markets, etc.
- Cage Culture, Seaweed farming, Ornamental Fisheries as well as New Fishing Vessels, Traceability, Laboratory Network, etc. will be key activities.
- Provisions of Ban Period Support to fishermen (during the period fishing is not permitted), Personal & Boat Insurance
- It will lead to Additional Fish Production of 70 lakh tonnes over 5 years.
- Employment to over 55 lakh persons; double exports to Rs 1,00,000 Cr.
- Focus on Islands, Himalayan States, North-east, and Aspirational Districts.
Read more from here: Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Scheme 03rd Tranche
Other Posts by Author
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)Provision on the post-default curing period for CRAs is being revised by SEBI
- 2020.05.25Notification / Circular (SEBI)SEBI issued Circular on Listing of M.F. schemes that are in the process of winding up
- 2020.05.24CA/CS/CMAOne time measure for students by ICAI for MCS & Advanced IT Course
- 2020.05.24Income TaxIncome Tax released refunds amounted to Rs. 26,242 crores