Check out our new audio content!
ICSI Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) Guidelines, 2019
31st August, 2020
Dear Professional Colleagues,
You are aware that the Council in its 261st (Special) Meeting held on 27th June 2019 at New Delhi issued the ICSI Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) Guidelines, 2019. The objective of issuing these Guidelines is to:
- (a) enable the stakeholders to verify the authenticity of various documents certified by Company Secretaries in Practice;
- (b) prevent counterfeiting of various attestations /certifications;
- (c) provide ease of maintaining the Register of Attestation / Certification services rendered by practicing members;
- (d) ensure compliance of the Guidelines issued by the Institute wr.t ceilings on the number of the various certification attestation services that may be rendered by the practitioners;
- (e) auto-prefill details of Certification / Attestation services rendered by practicing members in the form for renewal of Certificate of Practice;
The Guidelines were amended by the Council in its 263rd Meeting held on 23rd September 2019 at New Delhi and have been further amended by the Council in its 269th (Adjourned) Meeting held on 13th July 2020. The amendments shall be effective from 1st September 2020.
As per the latest amendments, it shall now be mandatory to generate UDIN in respect of the following also:
- Compliance Certificate regarding compliance of conditions of Corporate Governance as prescribed under the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
- Certification of Annual Return in Form MGT-7 under Section 92(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 11(1) of the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014.
The PCS Committee of the Council of the Institute has been empowered to decide from time to time the details/fields/information to be provided in the UDIN portal for the purpose of registration/generation of UDIN as it may deem fit and proper.
Hii, want to get publish your article at www.bharatax.in, then submit your article here or send a mail to email@example.com